Here we are! Maastricht Law Talk’s first episode asks the question “What is Law”? Prof. Dr. Bram Akkermans, Associate Professor for European Private Law at Maastricht University, joins me to talk about the very basic foundations of law.
- why we need legal rules,
- the influence of morality,
- who can be a legal subject,
- which laws are applicable and who creates them,
- why animals are property,
- the difference between private and public law,
- what differentiates English law from the dominant law on the continent,
- the principle of separation of power, and
- much more.
If you liked this episode, subscribe here to the podcast.